Saturday, November 14, 2015

Recent Knives

Here are some knives that recently left my little shop...










Desert Ironwood is a favorite handle material of mine. All of these knives feature Ironwood handles. The top knife is a modification of my Semi-Skinner. The gentlemen that commissioned it traps with his son as a hobby. He wanted a shorter blade for skinning Fox, Coyote, and Raccoon.


A close up of the handles. The variation in figure and color keeps Ironwood interesting.

If you are interested in commissioning a knife, I can be reached at baumgartknives@gmail.com

A Customer Photo

Here's another sheep photo from my sheep hunting friend. This was the third sheep hunt he was involved in this year! The knife is my Semi-Skinner with Sambar stag handles and it is resting on the horns of a Desert Big Horn. I've hinted each time he has sent photos that those horns would make wonderful handle material, but have yet to get him to cut me off a couple of slabs!


 My Single Shot Addition Continues...

My addiction to American single shot rifles continues. Below is a Remington #4 Rolling Block take-down rifle I picked up this morning. This was Remington's smallest rolling block and was essentially a Boy's rifle. In my mind I see a boy waking up on a snowy Midwest Christmas morning and running downstairs to find this rifle under the tree. That thought/fantasy makes me feel good and I am very happy to be the current caretaker of his rifle. It cost me a little more than the $5.00 it retailed for in 1908! Now I just need to find a Beach front sight and gallery tang sight for it. These options would have added $3.50 to the cost of the rifle, but once again, I think I will end up paying a little more!


No comments:

Post a Comment